Update on the Sale of the Central Bible Church Property
Over this last year, the reality of COVID-19 slowed down our process of finding a buyer for the CBC property. However, by God’s grace, we now have a serious buyer who is in the last phase of their due diligence. We are deeply thankful that God has brought us a like-minded ministry buyer who is going to use the property to continue doing kingdom work that will honor Christ and be a blessing to our city. Additionally, our buyer is working closely with Skate Church to help maximize the amount of time that they can stay on the property while also helping them prepare for an eventual move if (or when) that becomes necessary. Nothing is final until the deal actually closes but we are hopeful. Please join us in praying that our buyer is able to quickly cross the finish line and that Skate Church continues to prosper and is able to serve the skate community in our city for many years to come.
Update on Church Planting Fund and Network
The Scripture that has inspired and guided this process for us are the words of Jesus in John 12:24. “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.”Central Bible Church has come to an end, but its legacy of kingdom impact in the city and world lives on. Our sincere prayer is that the gospel fruit that comes from the closing of Central Bible Church will be even greater than the fruit that came from its 88 year history.
With this prayer of faith we are announcing the start of The Portland Launch Collective. The Portland Launch Collective is a registered non-profit organization marked by a commitment to historic Christian and evangelical orthodoxy and with a singular mission to: Catalyze collaborative church planting and revitalization efforts by and among underserved and multi-ethnic communities in the Portland Metro Area.
Additionally, we will pursue the following supportive goals that will help us to accomplish our primary mission:
- Provide equipping resources for diaspora pastors and their congregations with the goal of promoting healthy and increasingly diverse 2+ generation churches.
- Help facilitate partnership, equipping, and mutual learning between historic black and white pastors and their congregations.
- Support and mobilize teams that are fruitfully reaching diaspora communities that have no existing Christian community in our city.
- Help to catalyze the launch of businesses with a missional DNA that will contribute to and coordinate with our primary purpose of launching and revitalizing churches among underserved communities.
- Help to facilitate the creation of a multi-ethnic and interdenominational peer network of church planters in the Portland Metro Area.
- Any other creative endeavors and entrepreneurial efforts that will lead to the fulfillment of our primary mission.
We are gathering together an amazing board of directors from diverse backgrounds who are well-known and respected leaders within the Body of Christ in Portland. In the coming weeks we will be introducing you to the team that God has brought together to lead The Portland Launch Collective and to steward the resources from the sale of the Central Bible Church property. We are also developing partnerships with a number of church planting organizations and other local ministries that share our passion for seeing a city-wide church planting movement among underserved communities. More updates on these to come as well. Please join us in praying for the men and women who will be overseeing this vision and helping to bring it to fruition. If you want to be involved with the Portland Launch Collective in any way, we would love to talk to you.
Financial transparency is a high priority for us. We are working with a 3rd party CPA firm to do a compilation of our 2020 financial statements and will be posting the results of this compilation on our website when it becomes available. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.